Monday, December 5, 2011

and now from a Parent's Perspective!

*written by the one and only - Adam Sacuy!  This is kind of a recap for all those who stayed home and those who went but can't remember the last 4 days. I will just cc you my diary.
   
Wed Nov 30---- Dear diary -----next time I fly remember that the guy's in the blue coats don't know squat and the more your daughter cries the easier it is to get the red coated managers to rebook you.Maybe Madison should have been an actor or was that not acting? Wow---- if I didn't get there--that would have been great ---- 30 people arriving at Atlanta with no cars- but not to be---- we all made it and yes you can fit 30 people and luggage into two mini vans! Kids dropped off at hotel ---- "I Coach's" (formerly Coach M) phone is charged and the Atl homies are mad at me because bar at house was not stocked properly. That's what I get for coming early and waiting at the airport for 5-1/2 hours for all pick ups.Can't wait till tomorrow.
 
Thur Dec1 ---- Dear diary ----I hope Mackenna uses the money I left for buying moms birthday gift------ for buying moms birthday gift? Her Facebook says different? Oh well Tracey has put up with it for 24 years ,she must be use to it by now. Maybe Mackenna will invite her to the rager---what ever that is? Had lunch and food shopped ---who knew uncle Ted is a restauranteur in Sandy Springs---who knew MJ was such a good shopper. Game time was 7 pm and 32 degrees. Tough game we had our chances --- a tie -- surprised how many coaches came to watch!----- CPK for dinner ---girls call. Kind of a budget buster but the parents sucked it up by only drinking and not eating to keep cost down. Nice shopping MJ! But I am never gonna sit on your lap again! And yes you can get a bruised ribs from laughing to hard, to long ,to much---thanks Scotty! ( Reminder to self------get I Coach a long extension cord for his I phone charger for Xmas.)
Fri Dec 2--- Dear diary -----Should have gone to bed earlier last night--- like Julie! But the profound wisdom from Scotty's mouth was unparallelled and to captivating to miss---to bad I can't remember what he was saying. Parents made a conscious decision not to eat just marinate--- to make up for last nights kids meal---- Thanks again MJ.(DJ too). 2 pm game time---great weather- lots of coaches again---2 all tie---come from behind to go up 2-1.Celest and Lisa------- then late equalizer by them for the tie. The one that got away.......could have played better ----could have played worse. Off to final to final four game 1 hour away. Fred said to pre purchase tickets for the 16 kids ---I didn't----- who would have thought it was sold out. Thank god Uncle Teddy pulled his strings----from California---- and we were in! Could you imagine the girls broken little harts after a 1 hour drive to their game ----a tough tie-----a 1 hour ride thru the back woods only to be turned away because I thought ----who would drive an hour to watch a women's soccer match in the freezing cold, it couldn't be sold out? ---------it was and we did ! Lucky we got karma! Also----- Why was I the only guy there ? I should have gone to the museums with the boyz! Got back late ------I think the clocks are fast here in Atl----it is 5:30am time to get up (if I had gone to bed) and drive for game #3.( reminder to self--- Ask arm candy Johny what is wrong with his back---he looks like he slept on the letter z).
Sat Dec 3---- Dear diary-----I think Fred thinks I am irresponsible / immature because I came just a little late to pick up---he is a slow learner---we all have known that.  He should be lucky I am here at all----and how the hell did I get the the bus drivers hat any ways ????? Didn't coaches drive in Boise? Could it be true that I Coach didn't drive and got his own car because there was no I phone charger in the van??? And why not Patrick..... when it comes to driving he is.....Rainman !!!!.... Game at 10 am ---- #5 ranked team in region #3--- a little cold. The other team looked like a college team in warm ups we should have got a whopping but our girl played them straight up ----another tie 1 all ----Allie --pretty goal-----Oh ya, lots of coaches. The rest of the day was spent prepping livers for the team dinner which was pasta---- great. Good food----good friends and girls spent lots of time doing homework/sleeping/Icing ankles in the freezing pool. Coaches came over for dinner and a little team team fun after--- who knew our kids had other talents!!!!! That was fun! Back to hotel ---then back home ---then back to hotel to get Patrick whom somehow I left behind the first time? More Scotty wisdom that night but I still can't get that picture of MJ in his skivvies shutting down the festivities. There are only two word for that----to bad I can't tell anyone. Oh well -----they can just ask Scotty about that or anybody else within a 1 mile radius that night ! (reminder to self----- buy MJ looser fitting undies for Xmas---he looks uncomfortable?).
 
Sun Dec 4-----Dear diary------- Early game 9am---chilly but ok----nice to get 2 hours sleep! How did Scotty sleep on that couch? How did he steal my couch? AND what was that growling in the other side of the house or was there a grizzle bear in the driveway? And how did the girls get their own beds? How did Patrick sleep outside and not freeze for four days? How did Jim and Jenifer every talk Julie into this? How could MJ put that vision in my head after I gave him the honeymoon suite? Sleep deprivation along with a marinated liver makes you rethink things ---I think. And the game ---for me---my opinion --which means nothing----was hard to watch for the first 60 min! BUT the last 20 were unreal! First 60 we gave up a soft one --- but the last 20 they played great---several posts ---crossbars and a goal disallowed. That was the definition of unlucky and I hate that word! A tie 1-1. Oh well I need to put on that bus drivers hat and get to the airport.
 
Mon Dec 5 ------ Dear diary---- Sometimes-------You don't realize how great stuff in your life is until the are gone.Like my bed! Or like these times when get to see our kids play in opportunities that most don't get.Think about it -- I have it all soccer wise , a great group of team parents and kids. Lots of coaches all devoted to the kids individual paths ---- if the girls choose to use them. Coaches picked buy an Elite 8 coach for our girls. As well as that coach who was flying on chartered jets and getting the red carpet treatments one week ago. Now he and his posse are getting stuffed into a mini van that has no I phone charger!!!!!!! Funny thing is I think they love it????? Yep, funny how I sometimes I don't see things the way they are---until there gone--like that last 20 min of that last game. After that 20 I realized that our girls know exactly what to do because they have it in them. It was like a switch went on and they were playing for all the right reasons. They played for their coaches---their parents ----- there teammates----and most of all with there hearts---not for themselves. It may have not been the most impressive display of talent but it was a flash of what got this team where the are . I will take that 20 minutes any day----what ever the score . They are young girls and probably don't really understand how fortunate they really are? I gotta remind Madison of that.Good to be home but also good to have have those 4 days etched in my mind. Good to know that when my kid is off to school or out of the house later---- I can close my eyes and see those last 4 days along with the ones past and the ones coming and smile.(reminder to self----- thank all the coaches for what I realize now is kind of a sacrifice for them----be thankful for the time they spend ----what ever it may be! Don't doubt it-- Appreciate it is my new calling. Thank the parents whom trusted me and my Atl homies with there kids so I could have a great memory added to the others. And thank my Atl homies for the for everything to build that memory. Oh ya a Happy birthday to Terri Shier--- I hope Johny uses that gift he showed us for her birthday today? I better check his Facebook>) .

No comments:

Post a Comment